Happily Ever After

My dearest Sister, can you believe this day is finally here? We have dreamed together of this day for so long and here you are. A bride. The beautiful bride I told you you were going to be. Here you are. At the amazing wedding I promised you and Mas Hanif would have together. I hope you are really soaking it all in. The love, the family, the friends and the wonderful sparkling energy everyone is showering you both in your new life together.
You know, I think about everything that you have been through to get here… everything God made happen for you — for you to be sitting right where you are at this exact moment and I think to myself, ”my God. It has been perfect.” Honestly, when I think of you, I often thank God for placing you in my life and our family’s life. You often thought of yourself as the black sheep of the family being the rebel and wildchild, but now that I see you and think back, you were really.. our fire and our shining star.

Kak, I know I say this all the time, but you have really been the constant in my life. We went from being sisters, to best friends, and now I really believe that we are life partners.
As a sister – You are the best older sister a girl could ask for, and sometimes I really wonder what did I ever do to deserve to have such amazing sister in my life. I feel the grace of God when I think of you.
As a best friend – Out of everyone I know in this entire world, you have the biggest heart. You always put everyone else before you and you do so much for everyone without expecting anything back. I know you will never judge me and I hope I can give you that same gift.
As a life partner – As I was thinking about your wedding and life after, I often thought to myself, ”will things change after this? will she still love me the same way?” but writing this now, I realize that I do want things to change. I want Mas Hanif to be your number one and I want you to really try your best to be the best wife that you can be. I want you to fly, fly away into your new life and I want you to be truly happy in it. I just realized that your heart is so big - there will always be room for all of us. We will always be life partners. I will always love you the only way a sister can love a sister. Unconditionally.

I love you and I’m going to miss you, but I also feel assured in the knowledge that you’re in good hands. May this be the beginning of a wonderful, happy and healthy life for both of you. You & Mas Hanif. I always believe in happily ever after, just like what every princess thought me to. You've been a princess for once in the night when you're walking down the aisle and your prince are there right beside you holding your hand and walk together with you. So please, don't make me lose my faith and please make this marriage last for both of you. Live happily ever after just like a prince and princess had to.. "He is the half part of a blessed man, left to be finished by such as she. And she is a fair divided excellence, whose fullness of perfection lies in him." –––
Love, be true to her; Life, be dear to her;
Health, stay close to her; Joy, draw near to her;
Fortune, find what you can do for her,
Search your treasure-house through and through for her,
Follow her footsteps the wide world over -
And keep her husband always her lover.

(more and more and more photos & story on the wedding party are on the next post! See ya! ♥;D)

No comments:

Post a Comment